Friday 21 November 2014

The Miele steam train is coming to town…


Trainers at the ready...
It’s not often that you find yourself emailing your host to ask if you need to bring trainers to a luncheon engagement, but that’s what I found myself doing earlier this week when a reminder arrived in my inbox that I have an invite for what bodes to be a rather intriguing culinary event in Edinburgh this Monday.

I’ll write in more detail about this unusual lunchtime engagement “after the event”. However, for now, here’s the email that spills the beans (note food pun!) on what to expect…

Dear Guests,

We look forward to seeing you at the Miele Calorie Neutral Restaurant on Monday 24th November at 12.30pm. 

Please arrive a few minutes before to get seated… 

FORMAT OF THE DAY

You will be welcomed with a Green Tea before taking part in a light Bodybalance™ class with Total Health instructor, Craig Ali. (Please note that this class is not an extreme fitness workout, and you will not be required to change your clothes.)

You will then be treated to a delicious, healthy tasting menu cooked with steam. The food will be made with Miele steam appliances and you will have the opportunity to talk to Jacqueline O’Donnell and a Miele Home Economist about the appliances and the dishes. Please do not hesitate to ask any questions throughout the event.

We look forward to seeing you next week!

The Miele Events Team

Despite being a keen athletic type (if still playing hockey aged 51 qualifies me as such!), I have to confess to never having participated in a Bodybalance™ class before, so I thought I’d better check what footwear was appropriate – hence my email enquiring about the need for trainers. Hmm, perhaps I should run from Kinross to Edinburgh on Monday, just to build up my appetite…. or perhaps not!

Any excuse to visit Edinburgh is welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment